Thursday, February 21, 2013

February Favorites

*When new dinner experiments turn out awesome.
Steak with a balsamic reduction and bleu cheese over spinach.
Best part is it looks time consuming and difficult, but it was a cinch.
Another favorite this week: Bacon, spinach and bleu cheese stuffed chicken breast.



*Valance Fitness and Pilates Studio
I found an awesome new space to jam this winter. Valance is located on Main Street in Bangor right under Zen Asian Bistro. The owner is super nice and it's so great have made such a wonderful connection with someone so focused and awesome. She is full of amazing energy. She gave me a schedule of all the classes she offers at her studio, from ballroom dance to yoga to pilates and zumba.

I took my first hoop class ever with Sennyo a few years back at Valance. It's a smaller, more intimate space and I love it for personal practice, or a small gathering.

The jam on Sunday turned into a session of myself and good friend (that came out to support my efforts in the snow storm), just jamming out to Pandora on Val's kick ass sound system. Afterwards we braved the cold wind and snow and walked down to Paddy Murphys and chilled at the bar and had some beers. There is something really cozy about being in a pub during a snow storm.






(For some contact info and a schedule of classes check out Val's website or Facebook. She's really good about getting back to you on both!)

*Go Girl Magazine
A couple cool things are happening with Go Girl right now!

The newest addition to my monthly column was published Wednesday Check it out here!

My awesome girlfriend from high school AND college is living in NC now. The editor of Go Girl sent out an S.O.S. letting the contributors know that she needed someone to do a review on a zip line tour about a half an hour away from where my friend lives down south. I reached out to her and knew she would be game for taking the tour and doing the write up. I can't wait to read what her experience was like. I'll be sure to share.

Also, we're raising money for our new website. We have started an indiegogo campaign that you can contribute to. Any amount helps put us toward our goal!

*The Maine Hoop Connection
Still loving this array of pictures Maria put together of some Maine hoopers that submitted photos. Getting pumped for the workshop this coming Saturday with Caterina. I have plenty of space in the outback for some guests if anyone from the area is thinking about making the ride down.

~Hippy Go Lucky Hoops

No comments:

Post a Comment