Monday, November 13, 2017

Maine Harvest Festival 2017

The Maine Harvest Festival took place this weekend at the Cross Center in Bangor for the 7th year in a row. This has quickly become somewhat of Bangor's own version of the Common Ground Fair: celebrating farm fresh and Maine made! I was there working with Maine Public Broadcasting again this year- but had a chance to sample some goodies and explore the fest before my shift. Here are a couple pictures that I snapped and a few yum yums that I took home~



Boyfriend picked this out for me. You take a spoonful and dissolve it into hot water for tea. Ingredients: Wildflower honey, ginger, echinacea, lemon balm, lemon peel and cayenne (can taste the cayenne- has a kick to it!)



#goodvibes at Harvest Fest

Decided to get another wear out of the flower crown I made for Halloween.

https://www.facebook.com/elainesbasketcafe/ 

Fresh handmade pasta- I bought a pound!







The highlight of the festival: these dumplings made with locally sourced, all organic ingredients! Even the coloring on the wrapper is from a natural dye!

No comments:

Post a Comment