Sunday, January 26, 2014

Maybelline Color Show Nail Stickers: A review by Hippy Go Lucky Hoops


Maybelline Color Show Nail Stickers: A review by Hippy Go Lucky Hoops

This was my first stint with nail stickers. I always thought they looked cool and loved some of the patterns that I saw, but couldn't bring myself to shell out the cash to try them. On my after-christmas-shopping adventures this year I found these Maybelline stickers on sale for $5, so I thought it would be worth a shot.

The stickers were way easier to apply than I first imagined. Maybelline supplies you with a few different size options to find the best fit for you nail. They also supply a nail file and a cuticle stick, to help smooth the stickers over the nail and avoid any bubbles. I found it rather time consuming to get them on perfectly, but worth it in the end. I love spending time doing my nails, so I didn't really care anyway. Once you apply to sticker to the nail and it fits the way you like it, just fold the sticker over the end of your nail and file it off.

I loved the design. I felt totally blinged out. My concern was that they would come off once I washed the dishes or took a shower. I took some advice from a friend and bought some dish gloves, which totally saved the nails. They held up fine in the shower also. They even survived a pretty intense day of housework.

They stayed on for a total of 8 days, and probably could have lasted longer but I got eager to peel them off and paint something new onto my nails. They came off easily and all in one piece; another thing I was worried about. I thought they had potential to be a pain in the ass but they were mess-proof and very manageable.

The best part of the nail stickers: they helped my real nails grow! After 8 days of not picking or biting my nails they are the longest they have been in a long while. I can't wait to do another pattern sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment