Sunday, January 12, 2014

Green Smoothie Recipe

my favorite thing about this time of year is that everything goes on sale after the Christmas rush. I scored so many awesome little gems this year. one of them being a sweet blender! i shopped last night for some key ingredients and this morning I whipped up my first smoothie. i was hesitant, as it contained spinach and a variety of other items..but it was perfect. it was creamy and smooth and very tasty. here's the recipe that I found from this website.


½ cup vanilla yogurt
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
2 cups spinach
1 banana 3 strawberries
1 teaspoon flaxseed

I didn't have any flaxseed or anything like that but plan to get some soon. i think i like this new relationship with my blender! going to try and prepare some for the morning so I can just get in the habit of grabbing it on the go.

i also just picked up some local grass fed beef from a dairy/cattle farm near my house. i think this is anything good relationship that I'm looking forward to. next time I want to try some cheese and yogurt. food makes me excited, what can I say?

this winter has been absolutely nuts. i've been confined to the small quarters of my little living room for hula hooping. it's been kind of a good thing though. I'm finding that I am focusing a lot more on drilling the tricks that I already know and improving on them. i have to be really aware of my space, and starting new tricks is a little frightening because I can't have the hoop flying all over the place and breaking my fish tank or ceiling light...or something else that is breakable within distance. i've been posting a lot of videos on instagram. trying to post a video a day...but I've been behind a few days. excited to measure progress. i'm so obsessed with my new phone and the video capabilities! something i didn't have access to for a longgg time.

i really enjoy my weekends. having worked in the service industry for almost 10 years and working every weekend and most holidays, i love having a monday-friday job. i feel spoiled by this! but there is nothing like knowing that you have 2 days off in a row at the end of the week to look forward to. they go by too fast.

oh and lastly, I spent some time in North Conway, NH a few weekends ago. I can't wait to travel back to that area. the Mountains are so beautiful. and the shopping was incredible! i got some really great deals on some nice work clothes, something I was in need of!

so, there are some updates...in no particular order. I'll write more soon hopefully. happy hooping!

No comments:

Post a Comment