Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Arootsakoostik Music Festival 2013

Aroots is more than just a music festival to me. It brings me home.




This year I was not just a spectator but a Vendor. I got to set up my hoop boutique and give mini lessons. I got to set up shop right next to my friends at precision tattoo and we had a blast all day doing hoops and henna. I did get to take some breaks to catch some one of my favorite music and hang out with some dear friends, but some kids brought the music to me, beating on their drums and strumming guitars and ukeleles. It's a day where everyone can feel like an artist.






This type of event is so important to northern Maine. I saw lots of people from Portland and beyond. It brings people from all over the state to beautiful Aroostook county. Much of my thanks and appreciation goes to Travis Cyr from Strings of Calamity, for putting together this festival every year. If you happen to catch a glimpse of Travis at the Festival he is either playing music on stage or running the show, running around busy all day.

Fiddlehead Focus

Fiddle Head Focus
 
Also thanks to Fiddlehead Focus reporters Andrew Birden and Jenna Beaulieu for snapping some great shots of Hippy Go Lucky Hoops in action, Pasco Grove Artwork for the amazing wood carved pieces that we took home & for helping my friend with her car troubles at the end of the night. Gary (the beard) for helping me set up my booth and helping me all day long. All the musicians. And of course everyone that came to hoop. It's bitter sweet for me when it is time to say goodbye, but it gives me something to look forward to every year.



Follow Hippy Go Lucky Hoops!

No comments:

Post a Comment