Monday, September 3, 2012

Once in a blue moon...

Bangor Farmer's Market
So I finally got around to the farmer's market in Bangor. I grabbed some 9 grain bread, lettuce and basil. Friends have been so generous in the last few weeks. I obtained some cherry tomatoes, cukes, zucchini, and fresh eggs from various people. It's so nice to have a plate full of food and for once I know where everything has come from. & sharing is caring. These people are so wonderful for willing to give what they have to me. It's such a great gift. I can't wait to have my own garden some day so I can share my harvest. I love to see karma going around, in a nice way.



So when I received a zucchini of EPIC proportions, I wasn't exactly sure how to conquer this massive green thing. It's not a vegetable that I had many recipes for, so it was a bit of an experimental process.

I did make some fried rice one night that was pretty good. I made a big batch of white rice, and tossed it into a frying pan along with some carrots, zucchini, scrambled egg, soy sauce and peas. I made a similar dish with some curry powder, kind of like a thai fried rice.

I also shredded some zucchini and tossed it in with some shredded potato and made an old favorite, potato pancakes.

The rest I just diced up & put into the freezer.

American Folk Festival

I also got to check out the Folk Festival on the waterfront for the first time in all the years that I have lived in this area.

There were so many people out and about. I was delighted to see a group of people hula hooping. I met some fellow hoopers and got to admire their flow. I also got to get down with some funky bluegrass jams. It was a great, sunny day for a fest.


The perfect day: Sun, music, hoops and pizza!
This slice is from the one and only pizza pie on the fly!



Rockin a hat I bedazzled with some gems and such.


I also got to spend a little time in Aroostook County this weekend. Went to the annual Lester Dube labor day/pig roast bash..one of my favorite parties of the year. It was so great to see some old friends and even got to make some new ones. Had a bit too much fun this weekend as I spent the entire day recovering; in style of course. Tomorrow is another day and I'm actually excited to continue working on a project I have going on at work..as well as a few other things in the works.

Bring it on, Fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment