Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Body in Knead - A review by Hippy Go Lucky Hoops


I decided to treat myself today to a facial. I'm feeling so relaxed and refreshed, I might need to take a nap before I finish writing this review!

I've been to A Body In Knead in Brewer one time last year for a massage. I've been having some trouble with my skin lately and decided it might be time to bring in the pros. This spa has some really great prices, and because I am a fan on FaceBook I received a discount on my service today and wound up paying only $35 for a 40 minute facial that included an upper body massage!

The shop is located on South Main street in Brewer. I was greeted by smiling faces at the desk and promptly taken care of. They had me fill out a little bit of information (any specific problem areas I wanted to target, any health problems I wanted to bring to their attention, etc.)

Jen, the woman who did my facial, was amazing. She has the hands of a goddess!! And what was even more impressive was the fact that she was able to spot all of my tense problem areas, and even noticed I suffer from TMJ (something that effects the jaw.) It's like she has magic fingers.

She started by cleansing my face, following with a scrub to exfoliate. She used hot towels to open my pores, and a delicious blueberry facial mask. She used a toner to close up my pores and a moisturizer to leave my face feeling incredibly smooth.

The upper body massage and the blueberry mask were my favorite part. Another thing I liked about this place is that I felt completely comfortable. Everyone was really nice and I didn't feel like I was in some uptight, overpriced salon.

If you have a little room to spare in your budget I would totally recommend checking this place out. They have some really reasonable prices, and a bunch of great services offered. Everyone needs a little TLC every now and then.And it's almost that time of year to grab some gift certificates!

peace & love,
Hippy Go Lucky Hoops

No comments:

Post a Comment