Sunday, March 11, 2012

*Coming to a city near you*

So. This is it. Down to the final week of my time in Maine. I will be embarking on the great American road trip- by myself. I'm scared to go alone. I've tried to find people to come with me. But when it comes down to it, I think it will be best. I am on my own time and I don't have to compromise anything. It is truly my own experience.

I want to thank everyone: friends, family and co-workers for being so supportive of my decision to quit my job and live in my car/people's couches/cheap motels to travel and see the country. Some people look at my like I'm crazy. But those people don't know what kind of person I am. I'm not even a huge thrill seeker but I am a mover and a shaker. I've lived in about a dozen different houses/apartments in the last decade. I am excited to see what is out there, but most of all I am excited to see if I can potentially find my new home. I am hoping the gain new insight and perspective as to what I want to do with the rest of my life. And most of all, I am hoping to discover something about myself that I might not have ever known had I not taken this trip.

Today is packing and moving furniture day. I will be spending this week traveling up state to visit my parents before I go, working at the end of the week and then I will be officially unofficial and off the grid!!!!!

peace & love

No comments:

Post a Comment