Friday, September 29, 2017

Common Ground Fair 2017

I haven't been to Common Ground since 2009 when my college roommate and I ventured together. This Country Fair holds a very special place in my heart- this is the first place I picked up a hula hoop! It's a weekend long celebration of rural living and agriculture in Maine. I spent Saturday morning working with Maine Public Broadcasting, as we were the media sponsors again this year. Afterwards I got to bee-bop around the fair, snap a few pictures, sample some goodies, buy some yummies from some of the farmers. Here are a few highlights from this year's fair~

The vendors~

Thirty Acre Farm (Facebook)









Coming home with a bundle of Sweet Annie~


 The livestock~




Tacos from the Yum Bus~




And a couple of my own dishes that I made this week with potatoes I bought from Peacemeal Farm in Dixmont: a potato bake with Parmesan cheese and a potato and leek soup (made with Adirondack blue potatoes- very high in antioxidants)! Let me know in the comments if you'd like to see a recipe for this soup.




No comments:

Post a Comment