Thursday, September 6, 2012

Tonight's menu and random ramblings

Tonight I'm making twice baked potatoes. I had these a few months back, when I was living in Old Orchard Beach. My roommate made a batch and I fell in love. And I actually have the time today to invest, so why not.

Also, I'm savoring every last minute I have of grill season before it's no longer bearable to stand outside to cook. I'm marinating some steak tips with green pepper, mushroom, cherry tomatoes, and onion in Italian dressing. NOM!

You know what? Politics shomlitics. Meh. This is coming from the girl who was a student of poli sci for four years. Yes, I'm interested in global issues. But I am so turned off by the RNC and the DNC and Mr. Clinton talking smack about this guy and Romney nominating a total creep for his VP. It's all just become a lot of nonsense to me over the years. Who's truly to blame for the state of America? That is something both sides can argue until we're blue in the face. What does it matter? I want some progression. And I'm beginning to think the only way to do that is to network with your community, and work hard. Opportunity isn't going to knock down my door. I need to pull on a pair of shit kickers and get to work. I think what Americans need to be thinking about is not who's going to lead the country for the next four years. It's what can I do to better myself?

And on that note it's almost time to check my potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment